Cannot use Nintex Forms for content type - Is there a workaround / roadmap ?.

• 16 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

As per the subject I can see that Nintex Forms for Office365 does not allow the use of Content Types in a list.

So we can only customise a form on a list that has no content type (just SharePoint columns).

The problem is that I am planning to develop a site template containing a few lists with their forms customised in Nintex Forms and once ready the template will be used to create many Project sites and therefore using Content Type Hub would be a great to push any new columns to the dozens of sites and their lists in a single change (the point of CT Hub).

Has anyone tried a workaround ?

Nintex = Is there a roadmap to include Content Types like SharePoint on Premises ?

thanks

iosman

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

You are correct that you cannot create a form for a content type like you can on-premise.

But you can create forms based on content types on a list.

If you have multiple content types on a list, when the Nintex Forms designer is opened you get a choice of which content type you want to create the form for.

The Nintex RoadMap can be found here: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Roadmap/Nintex-Product-Roadmaps/ba-p/94755

If I can ask a clarifying question, it appears that you can create a form for a specific content type on a list, but I'm having issues with forms recognizing the content type columns. The are simple text columns and the only ones that appear are the default list columns of name and title.

Any help is appreciated.

To clarify, the columns show up in responsive designer but not in classic designer.