Solved

What happens to a Nintex Form created on Content Type from Content Type hub when sync?

• 21 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi

I am adding a Nintex form to a content type published from the content type syndication hub. Content Types created from the content type hub must be set to read only = 'No' in order to create a Nintex Form on it on a list level in the site collection that the content type was synced.

My question is this: If I change the content type on the site collection to read only = 'No', what will happen when the content type hub syncs the content types down and the column names change for example? Is it possible that the Nintex Form is reset or overridden by the default form? Will the Nintex Form still retain all connections to the underlying columns?

This is on O365, but assume the same behaviour will happen on-premises too.

icon

Best answer by nanettedv 26 June 2018, 23:39

View original

1 reply

Badge +5

So I ended up going ahead and testing this out.  Here is what I did:

Create the form

1. Set Content type on List to Read-only = No.
  2. Add form to the list. Select which content type to create the form for.
  3. Create form as per usual and save.

Close and reopen form

1. Save and close the Nintex form.
  2. Click Nintex Form link from the list. Prompted again to select which content type form to create. EEK! 
  3. Select same content type as earlier. Form loads correctly with no issues. PHEW!

Republish Content Types from Workflow

1. Make changes on Hub: Change Site Column names to Friendly names
  2. Make changes on Hub: Add additional column in content type
  3. Republish Content Type
  4. On the Site Collection consuming the content type, Go to Site Settings > Content Type Publishing and tick " Refresh all published content types on next update" 
  5. Result: Column names updated. New column not added, because content type read-only = No disables updates from content type hub republishing.

Force Content Type Hub to push all changes

1. In Content Type Hub, go to content type and select Advanced Settings. Set "Update Sites and Lists" = Yes.  
    1. All child site and list content types using this type should be updated with the settings on this page. Any customizations made to the child site and list content types will be lost.
  2. Result: On the Site Collection consuming the content type, the content type is reloaded. However, when opening the Nintex From for edit, it is still there as saved the last time it was edited.