Viewing list form attachments on a task form on Nintex for office365

Badge +5

Ok, I have spent days on this now. I am currently working with support as well. I even reached out to are account rep because if this is not possible, I cannot use the software. I have found solutions for Nintex on prem, but that does me no good. I need a way for files attached to the list form to be viewed on the task form. Like an invoice. This seems like it would be a common requirement. What I've done so far:

I can grab the files using a web request from the list form. This gives them to me in xml format. Now I have not been able to parse the xml yet, but I can figure that out. But once I have the files in a collection, how do you display that collection on a task form? I understand I can do a for each in the workflow and all kinds of actions on a collection, but you can't do those things inside a task form.

So I'm saying this is impossible using office365 version. Am I right? I need to make a decision here on how to move forward.

Any help would be so appreciated even to get closure if it's not possible.

Thanks.

12 replies

Badge +9

What if you just put the link to the attachment in a variable and wrote it to the task list when you create the task?

Badge +5

What do you mean write it to the task list when I create the task, can you elaborate?

Badge +9

http://vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-for-office-365-copy-attachments-to-document-library.aspx

follow this and instead of copying to a new doc library, use the Variable:AttachmentURL to copy it the task list by matching the task ID that you used when you created the task.

Also, you can just copy the entire attachment over if you want by following the whole post.

Badge +5

Yah I’m not sold on this solution either. You are saying once I attach that task item, then I can show the task control on the form and display them? If not this would be useless.

Badge +9

Ok then... just trying to help. Good luck

Badge +5

I appreciate it, I’m finding there is just too many limitations to the software at least the 0365 version. It’s a shame.

Badge +5

So I finally got it.

Web Request -> Responds with xml in text field.

Query XML -> Populates a collection field.

Foreach – iterates through each item in collection.

• Build String -> Creates the html with the links to attachments and puts in variable.

Lastly put the variable on form using a rich text editor control.

Joe, could you provide an example screenshot for each action in your workflow?

Badge +6

The easier way to do it is to use Javascript!

Try this

For our own projects we have created a bigger version too. 

That works perfectly on O365

Hi, friend,

I have the same problem. Did you manage to find a solution?

Hi, can you show example?
Badge +3

@jgabella Do you think this would work the other way around? 

I'm currently trying to get any attachments on the Task form to populate back into the form itself -- when the task form is completed I cant find where those attachments live to populate them back into the main form.