Solved

Refused to display 'LINK_TO_FILE' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

• 12 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone, i've have an issue that i would like to address.

A couple of days ago i started working with Nintex on Office 365 and i encountered the following issue:

I was creating a new display form for a specific content type. That form is supposed to have not only the metadata associated with a specific item, but it is also supposed to display a pdf associated with that item.

I proceeded to add a page viewer control, and build a dynamic source that connects to the pdf file associated with the item. Theoretically the source is correct, since i tested with several items and the source link generated is the same as the link for the pdf file.

Yet the reader inside the iFrame states that my domain "refused to establish a connection". Upon further inspection i went to my browser console searching for errors and stumbled upon the following:

"Refused to display 'LINK_TO_FILE' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'."

Is there any way i can fix this? From a bit of reasearch I think it might be a defense mechanism implemented into Office 365's Sharepoint Online platform, but i was wondering if anyone ever had a similar problem and if you were able to find a solution.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 13 March 2019, 22:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

yes, that is a known issue. Maybe you can try to implement the following solution:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-Office-365/Page-Viewer-Control-not-displaying-Office-365-files/m-p/29054#M3995?

Regards,

Tomasz