How to apply css to K2 Item Views

• 27 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello All,

I am trying to change some look and feel on K2 Forms to give a corporate look and brand identity. I have been playing around with the css for the theme i made copy from another theme and regeisterd that into the DB . I have been using Google chrome developer tool to inspect element of the div and trying to apply the styles directly, but nothing seems to work or change.

I was wondering if there is  a documentation or how to apply custom designs to K2 forms and views?

3 replies

Badge +12

Hi  @npokhrel, 

Please do have a look at the below document as a reference on how this can be achieved:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/devref/4.6.10/default.htm#deploying%20and%20registering%20custom%20themes.htm

Kind regards, 

Percy

Badge +1

Thank You for your reply, but i was able to publish custom theme, but some of my changes only show up in design time url but doesnt show up in runtime url. I am targeting specific div in the page and overriding color property but i dont see any changes, is there a common guidelines we should follow to update themes for K2?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

As the designer runtime and runtime runtime are separate sites,  the resource files are hosted for these sites are hosted in separate locations:

[Install Folder]/K2 SmartForms Runtime/Styles/Themes]
[Install Folder]/K2 SmartForms Design/Styles/Themes]

As such, the theme will need to be copied to both locations.  Perhaps doing an IISRESET and clearing the browser's cache before reloading the browser is also recommended when changing CSS, etc.