yted
Apprentice

Nintex Responsive Form - capture user signature

Jump to solution

We are using Nintex App Studio and have a requirement where staff are going out in the field and collecting data form clients. As part of that data collection we require, for legal reasons, that the client provide a signature. 

How can this be done on a responsive form? Can it be done?

In Nintex Mobile you used to be able to add a multi line text box.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
eharris04
Collaborator

Re: Nintex Responsive Form - capture user signature

Jump to solution

For capturing signatures at the moment, you will have to use javascript within the classic form and multi-line field as you've stated. Here is a post that details how to add the script to the page and it will show in the mobile app.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Sign-your-name-across-my-heart/ba-p/82771

We do have an update to responsive forms that will include signature controls, but the timeline of that has not been confirmed by development yet.

0 Kudos
maya
Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
shivkumar
Novice

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you have any idea when will Nintex Community advise on the update of the functionality of adding Signatures using Responsive Forms.

0 Kudos
AUSharePoint
Scout

Jump to solution
@eharris04 now that we have this control in Office 365 will you tell us or point us to how we are supposed to capture it? I tried Hyperlink, Picture, etc... but nothing seems to work.
0 Kudos
maya
Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @AUSharePoint , what do you mean by capturing it?  You mean when you view the item in the online form?

0 Kudos
AUSharePoint
Scout

Jump to solution
I'm sorry I should have updated this a while back. I meant how to literally capture it in the item, but I learned pretty soon after posting this that it is captured as an attachment.
0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex How-To Center Expert
Nintex How-To Center Expert

Jump to solution
Hi,
At present their is a UI issue where the control asks you to connect the control to a column and as you have found out you cannot.
You dont need to connect the control to a column. By default the signature image is saved as an attachment on the item.
0 Kudos