"Keep Audit Trail" doesn't store xml data...

Badge +1
I have an XML field which I use for storing my process data. The field was created by importing a schema from an xsd file. I have the Keep Audit Trail -checkbox checked.

However when I examine the Data Audit in my Process Instance Data it doesn t track the changes made to the xml document. I expected the changes made to the process data made by different user to be displayed in the Data Audit window. Is there a difference in how the Keep Audit Trail -checkbox is used for XML fields and Data fields ? Or did I just miss something.

I m running K2.net version 3.0 sp1a.

Thanks
Mikael

4 replies

Badge +11
Hi,

The audit trail for XML data is kept in the K2Log.._ActInstDestXmlAudit and K2Log.._ProcInstXmlAudit tables and whenever a change is made in the xml, the WHOLE xml string is saved - not just node changes. There is however a problem in displaying these audit data in the K2.net Workspace. We are aware of the problem and are looking into it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Ockert
Badge +5
Hello Ockert, do you have any update on this ? (displaying XML audit trail in report workspace)
Badge +13
Are you running K2 SP4 to see if this situation is fixed?
Badge +5
yes, SP4 is installed. But the problem remains.

However, this is not so urgent for me, but it would be nice to also see a xml trace in the workspace.