Nintex 0365 DocGen Error

hello everyone

I'm using the docgen action to attach a pdf to a list item, works fine first time round but If i do it again I get an error.

RequestorId: a873ce8f-d5b8-71cf-0000-000000000000. Details: Document Generation error: Processing error. Failed to save output 'K1P-M2CFNMS - CO12660611 - 6.pdf'.

I can get it to run again by removing the attachment from the list.

I have the overwrite checkbox ticked.

I even created an index to to tag onto the filename to ensure each time the workflow is run the number increments by one and we have an unique filename. This is why we have "-6" tagged onto the end of the filename.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Geoff

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

This was a known issue but as far as I am aware the issue was resolved in October 2019.
Make sure that your Nintex Workflow app is up to date.

Thanks

I will check it out

Looks like we are on version 1.0.4.4 which I guess is very old, Do you have a quick link to what current versions you are on? I would have expected the build number to be in the release notes but I dont see them?
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I think you are in the last version of the product.

You can check if you are in the last version directly from your site (in site content), here you will be warn that there is an update (only in Sharepoint Classic experience).

Else you can check directly in the Microsoft Store : https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104114857?tab=Overview

For your DocGen error, if you have an attachment with exactly the same title on your item (even with the overwrite option selected), you can fall on that error.

Open a ticket on Nintex support for this case.

(Not sure if it is fully resolved)

Hi
The attachment is named differently from the ITEM.
ITEM = CO12659605
Attach = SBB-12345 CO12659605.pdf
I'll take a ticket out ,thx

Thanks

I can login here but not at the support page?, says no email is registered?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

To raise a ticket you need to send an email at : support@nintex.com

Describe your problem and don't forget to send your Tenant ID

To avoid, your problem your file (generated with DocGen) must have a unique name. For exemple you can add a timeStamp to the file name. (use the action 'Add time to date' to get the current Time, save the value in a text var as ISO 8601, remove the : (colon). Add this text to your file Name.)