Create Word Document When New Item Added in SharePoint Online List

Hi,

When new item will added in SharePoint custom list, based on status I need to create word document on the fly. How to do that in nintex?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Shraddha, can you give some more details about your needs? Do you have a different template from which you'll generate your document based on status? You can have a switch that evaluates the status column and creates the correct template from there using the document generation action.

Yes I have different templates and based on status column value word document should be generated from that template.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Then I would say the switch is the best way to do this. Have it evaluate the "Status" column and have your document generation actions on each branch and configure them to the template to use for each branch.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

In the Document Generation actions you can choose templates conditionally as well!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

That's cool, TIL!

Badge +4

Rhia Wieclawek‌ is spot on here. The recent update to Document Generation for SP Online now allows you to include templates based on the conditions being met by the item properties, in your case Status value... 

Grab the Document Generation action from the toolbox

Then set up your Document templates to be included by 'Based on condition' and you'll be able to set it when your Status values are equal to what's relevant. Repeat for all templates/status.