Attachments default control in SharePoint list restored

• 4 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I've a problem with a Nintex Form that has more than one Attachments control. I'm testing a SharPoint backup & restore tool, so I copied a list and exported a Nintex Form from an original site to a restored site.

When I was reviewing the restored site, I realized that all the attachments that users had uploaded through differents attachment controls in the form, now they are all displayed in the attachement control marked as default in the form, losing the control information from which they were uploaded.

For example, in the original site form I've two attachments controls: "Quotes" & "Other Attachments"

221555_pastedImage_1.png

221556_pastedImage_2.png

When I go to this item form, in the restoted site, I see all the attachment files in the "Other Attachments" control, which is the deault control in the form, and the "Quotes" control is empty:

221557_pastedImage_3.png

It seems that in the migration process I lose the Nintex internal references to know from which control the attachments have been uploaded. Does anyone know how to retrieve this information?

Thanks!

Regards,

Miguel.

1 reply

Badge +17

Some data is reset when you republish the form and the attachments retain an index for the control which is part of the attachments list where they are stored. Migrating the attachments resets this and is not a product issue but a content migration issue that should definitely be considered or planned  as part of the migration. 

I do understand how that can be confusing but the form is really functioning well considering all the list attachments are still there in one of the controls. You may try changing the default control to see if that changes the values, but other than that, not sure what could reset that automatically.