People Picker issue for some users...

Badge

he forms people picker is working for some users but not others. For one user it will just spin. Same PC logged in as a different user works., The forms people picker is working for some users but not others. For one user it will just spin. Same PC logged in as a different user works.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Paul,

as the people picker is working for some people but not for others it might be a good thing so discuss this with Nintex support.

In general not finding people is caused by linking the people pickers field to a SharePoint group and then search for people not in that group. Sometimes also JavaScript errors can cause issues when the site is not added to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer.

However in both cases the behaviour should be the same for both logged in users so I suggest you open a ticket at Nintex support.

Best regards

Enrico

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

For somebody that it is not working check the permission levels of the user who has opened the form open. Check both at the site level and the parent level site / site collection level.

I've seen it, that although an end user had contribute-no delete access at the site level, I had to alter their site collection access to contribute - not ideal.

Badge +7

Is the people picker limited to a SharePoint group by any chance? If so make sure that user has permission to see that SharePoint group membership.

Badge +4

Seems, I'm having the same problem; works for a few but not for all.  Just sits and spins after typing in the whole name.

I have a sharePoint group with only 4 names in it. 

Badge +4

seems to have been fixed by the overnight server maintenance of sinking my users and AD accounts - it appears.

Badge +2

I'm having this issue with Nintex Mobile + SharePoint Online. The people picker is configured to a group with both the found and un-found users as members.