Upload File Variable to URL

• 28 October 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello,

I've been fumbling my way through creating a basic Xtension for Citrix Sharefile. My intention was to be able to use Document Generation to create a file, and then use the custom Sharefile Xtension to upload that file into Sharefile. Documentation for the API is here: ShareFile API Documentation

The problem that I've run into, is that the Sharefile API entity to "upload a file" doesn't actually upload a file, but instead results in a URI that should then be used as the location to send the file. The problem being that this URI is using a different host then the rest of the api, and the host isn't predictable. As such, I don't think I can make use of the "x-ntx-connection-properties" function to dynamically determine what the URI should be. 

As an example, the host for all the api commands may be "businessname.sf-api.com", while the URI returned could have a host of "storage-ec2-905.sharefile.com".

Assuming my Xtension at least provides me the URI where the file should be sent, is there any action within NWC that could upload a file that URI?  Or, is there some OAS2 or Xtension functionality I'm missing that could be the answer to my question? I know Sharefile used to be supported within NWC, so I'm hoping there's a good solution to my problem.

Thanks for any help or direction.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!