Gavin-Adams
Design Canvas Artiste

Form Data source variable for Azure AD only returns the email address

Hi @butlerj First piece of feedback on the data source variable in the NWC form.

I created an Azure AD data source to use in a label.

I'm trying to get the Job Title and Department attributes of the current user context.

The Azure AD data source query works as I can add to the label control the count of items returned (being 1) and the first value but it only returns the user email.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 160440.png

In the Insert popup I was expecting where it has 'first record' for an object to break out with the attributes of the user account.

Am I missing anything on making this work?

Thanks,

Gavin 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
butlerj
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Form Data source variable for Azure AD only returns the email address

@Gavin-Adams currently the Azure AD connector only returns the email property from AAD 😕 We have it on the backlog to update this connector so that all properties are returned (which would also make them available via DSV), however I'm not 100% on the timeline for that feature. Let me reach out internally and see what I can find.

0 Kudos
Gavin-Adams
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: Form Data source variable for Azure AD only returns the email address

@butlerj 

Really! That's all 😕

I mean seriously why bother releasing that connector for DSV in it's current state.

Form current user context and the people picker control give you first name, last name and email.

I can't even think of a limited edge scenario where this adds value.

(ie query AAD with an email address you already know so that it returns an email you already know)

0 Kudos