Solved

Calling Component Workflow multiple times in parallel

• 5 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I've a workflow where I have a need to call a component workflow in a loop to request multiple parallel approvals.  The component is setup to request an approval from a set of people for an item.  The inputs are all dynamic so static models of approval won't quite work. 

When the flow calls the component workflow for the 2nd time, a few seconds after the first one is called, it fails shortly afterwards.  

"Failed to initiate task '7aedd014-6d40-5886-a464-19c02a8d02f0.. [Error Code: IO.AsyncActionExecute.ErrorResponse]"

Is anyone aware of any limits on running multiple instances of a component workflow from the same parent workflow in parallel? 

icon

Best answer by Jacob-Beard 5 February 2022, 00:59

View original

2 replies

An update - it appears it starts the 2nd instance and runs some steps but fails when it attempts to start a new Assign a task to multiple users . . .

So it appears that the issue may be with the configuration of my assignment task. I had intended to use lazy approval but still had some settings for forms approvals selected.  Doesn't quite explain why it worked for one and not the other but, making the small updates allowed me to move on.