Attach multiple attachments from collections to email

• 28 June 2022
  • 4 replies

I'm pretty new to Nintex Cloud Automation. I am trying to get attachments from a SharePoint list and attach those to an email, so I'm using the Item Attachments. I just can't figure out how to pull more than 1 for the email. Then I thought maybe store the attachments in a document library, so I did that. I also don't see where I can append to a variable. Can someone help? Let me know if more information is needed.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rkohnasb 

Use the Get item attachment by name action

This will get 1 item from SharePoint List and store the filename as a file variable.

Add more Get item attachment by name action if you have more attachments.

Refer to Help -> SharePoint Online - Get item attachment by name (nintex.com)

Add the Send an Email action

Configure the Recipient, Subject and Body.

Insert the file variable(s) into the File Attachments field.

1 file variable per attachment.

Test out your workflow

Hi Garrett, 

Thank you for your reply, but I have gotten that to work. Sometimes there will be more than one attachment. Is it possible to attach multiple files to an email?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yes. You can attach multiple files. Just keep adding the file variables.
Just beware not to exceed the attachment filesize - 2MB, 5MB, 10MB as set by your email administrator

Hi Garrett,

I have this same question, but each line item has an unknown number of attachments, between 1 and 10. When the item is updated (and certain other criteria are met), an email with all the attachments needs to be sent. How do I add all the attachments to an email, when each line item has a different number of attachments?