Assign a NWC task to an external user

• 13 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +11

Is it possible to assign a task to an external user? We can turn off assignee authentication, so I would have thought I could make the task form available to external users similar to the start form. I'm not able to assign to an external email address. 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@harfmt You should be able to, it will try and search your users first and then if the user doesn't exist you can just enter to add by email like below.

Badge +11

Hi @leighburke 

The action remains incomplete with an external email:

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@harfmt Did you click enter next to the email to confirm selection, it looks like that has not been added as a assignee. I am unable to replicate the error, so if you are still having issues I would raise with support(support@nintex.com).

Badge +11

Sorry @leighburke you are correct. I thought I had pressed enter. 

The next issue is that the external user receives a login request when trying to access the task form. 

Sign in options

Badge +11

Just an update that the configuration worked fine. I was clicking on a link from a previously actioned task which was when it asked for a login. 

Badge +2

Looking for guidance here. 

We have SSO turned on and authenticate users from Active Directory.  However, we need to allow some external users to perform a task in a couple of our workflows.

I was able to successfully assign a task to an external user and they were able to execute the task from the email.  However, I would like them to be able to access the Nintex dashboard to check for any tasks where they might have missed their email notification.  But when they try to access the dashboard URL, they get a sign in screen for MS.

Is there another URL that can be given to them so that they can log directly into Nintex?