Solved

Any way to omit the time portion of DateTime and anyway to restrict future dates?

• 30 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am trying to setup a DateTime field where the initiator would enter the Date but not the time. In the form options, I can hide the time but the time is still technically included but set to at 12AM. Is there any way to remove the time so I only have the date? My workflow is a bit more complicated where the DateTime value from the initial form is copied to a new form later in the workflow that someone else fills out and they will see the time included. 

Also, when at the document generation stage, is there any way to omit the time for the document tags? I look at the drop down list and there are no choices where I can have only just the date.

My other issue is trying to restrict future dates in the forms. There is an option to restrict past dates but no option to restrict future dates. There might be a way to do it via form rules but it seems to be a glitchy workaround but I may need to experiment more. Wondering if there might be any future updates to add an option to restrict future dates or have it so the user can only enter the current date when signing a form for example?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by butlerj 4 November 2020, 16:17

View original

3 replies

Hoping someone familiar with this can chime in.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@Anhthu for your Date/Time that is used elsewhere in the workflow, are you just showing the value, or does the user have to interact with it again? If you're just showing it, you could use a Date to String action in your workflow to put it into just a date format (such as dd/mm/yyyy), or you could use a function on your later from to convert the date format.

Thanks, I forgot about that option. Should work fine as you mentioned as long as it is only for display.