RN
Scholar

About granting permission with "Call a SharePoint web service"

I'm using the "Call a SharePoint web service action" feature to grant permissions to a specified item in a SharePoint list.
URL:

{SiteUrl}​/_api/Web/Lists/getByTitle('{List Name}​')/Items({ID})/roleassignments/addroleassignment(principalid={Approver Group (ID)}, roledefid=1073741827)

The account to be granted has acquired the group ID from the specified item in the SharePoint list.

RN_0-1658395474317.png

RN_1-1658395527118.png

With this feature
If multiple accounts are set in one item, will the loop function call the API for the number of accounts?

I would like to know if there is a way to grant permissions to multiple accounts at once.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sven
Nintex Workflow Cloud Expert
Nintex Workflow Cloud Expert

Re: About granting permission with "Call a SharePoint web service"

Hi @RN , 

i am not 100 % sure, if i understood you question correctly, but yes if you use a loop, you can call this action twice or how often you want to loop throught.

Sven

SimonMuntz
Nintex How-To Center Expert
Nintex How-To Center Expert

Hi,

The SharePoint Online Update Item Permissions Action can update the permissions on an item with multiple accounts at the one time.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/SharePointOnline-UpdateItemPermission.htm

RN
Scholar

SimonMuntz San

Thank you for the information.

With "Update item permissions", you can grant permissions to multiple accounts at once.

BestRegards

0 Kudos
RN
Scholar

Sven San

Thank you for your reply.
When using it, specify the number of loops and execute it.

BestRegards

0 Kudos