Create line rule to check whether a field on the form contains data

• 15 August 2011
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

Is it possible to use the line rule in order to check whether a specific field on the form (single line in SharePoint) contains data or not.

I have created a xml process data field (with SharePoint List Items Event) to get the metadata of a respective list entry. Now, I want to use the line rule to check whether this xml process field contains data or not. Is there a function in K2 to check whether a field contains data or not? Might it be possible to user the K2 function "contains"?

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi,

Yes this is possible and can be accomplished using Line Rules.

Configure your line rule to check for the field by dragging the specific XML field to the first variable field and then drag the Text >Empty String inline function to the second field. This will then check whether the field is empty.

If you want to do a contains, Drag the Text > Contains Inline Fnction into the First field and then configure this function's text property to be your XML field and the substring property to the text you are comparing to. To complete the line rule set the comparison operator as an equal and then make the second value True.

I hope this helps!