Why does pasting text trigger OnChanged?

• 18 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I've got an event on a control for on changed. I want to be able to paste text into the control. But the event is firing before the text gets in there. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

1 reply

Badge +8

I should have done a little more homework, but was in a rush to catch a train. Thanks for the reply.

It does appear to be related to Internet Explorer. Chrome does not have the issue.

Basically, I have a Rich Text control that I want to hide when the user moves out of it. So I'm using the When Changed event rule to then transfer the contents to a Data Label control and show/hide to swap visibility.

Now for full disclosure, I have run an additional script to attach a Jquery handler to the div in order to dynamically expand it as someone enters text. (I had to use on keyup because IE would not fire on a newer event option.)

<script>$('.reContentArea.reContentAreaToggle.editable-area').css({"overflow": "hidden","overflow-y": "hidden"});$(document).on('keyup', '.reContentArea.reContentAreaToggle.editable-area', function() {var boxHeight = $(this).innerHeight(); var textHeight = $(this)[0].scrollHeight; console.log(boxHeight + ' ' + textHeight); if(textHeight > boxHeight){console.log('inside if');$(this).closest('.SourceCode-Forms-Controls-Web-ControlPack-HTMLEditor').css('height', textHeight + 60)}});</script>

(the console log entries were just so I could see if it was firing)

However, I just tried it on a new view and got the same issue. I'll open a case with K2.