Where is the outcome of an Approval in K2 Studio kept?

• 23 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Where (using the context browser) do i get the Decision made in a Client Activity?

I have a client activity with 3 outcomes (Yes, No, Maybe)

Where is that Outcome stored, so that i can use that to do a SAVE Smartobject Method with?

Using K2 Studio workflow.

Also, is it possible to get this result from a Smartform as well? Say after it has performed the Worklist Action?

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi sharpsharp1,

You can use "Activity Instance destination” smartobject for this,  which is available under reports smartobjects.

Badge +10

Look at the activity level datafield.  You can access the Action or Outlook datafield that K2 uses to store those values.  These datafields are automatically created when you add the client event to an activity.

Also, be careful when using the Activity Instance Destination Reporting smartobject, or any Reporting smartobjects as well. These tables are updated Asynchronously and can have data that is out of sync, which can affect your applications if not taken into account. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Thanks for your comments everyone, got this working.

Managed to achieve all this from the Smartform, using the Decision (Radio Button result, approver name, date and comments text area) via a Smartobject save method.

I did look at what you suggested using the Datafield in the Workflow and that the ACTION RESULT = the decision, however the Outcome field was blank.

Anyway, this is useful to know, so nice one.

My only issue now is how to prevent a user submits the same request and getting the "24411 userid is not allowed to open the worklist item with SN=xxxx_xx" error.

I know why this happens, this is because the worklist item has already been actioned.

Anyone know how i do a check at form initialize to see if the passed parameter SN=xxxx_xx (worklist) has already been actioned or not? If i could, then its a case of redirecting the user to a nicer message, any ideas?

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

You can catch the error and display a more user friendly message using SmartForms Rules similarly to:

https://codecodecode.ninja/2015/05/providing-a-friendly-error-message-for-your-k2-error/