UserGroup Permission screen for user to select permission for user or group

• 11 August 2017
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hi Team,

I have requirement where user need a screen to assign different permission for deifferent user and group for particular item. How can I design a smartform screen for user to choose appropriate permisson for groups and user.

Please find the attached screenshot, I need the screen like attached screen. Where can I store this data and how I can use user's selection for assigning permission to specific item.

Any idea to achieve this. please suggest.

Note: I am using K2 for Sharepoint and Sharepoint listlibraries for data storage.

Thanks,

Prafull

12371i463314AB92024BC4.jpg

1 reply

Hi Prafull, let me try to take a stab at this. based on your requirements you want to create a screen to allow users to select permissions to be applied on sharepoint list items. assuming that those permission will be honored by K2 forms and will not be stored against the SharePoint list item itself here's what I would do.

if you want to continue using SharePoint as your primary datastore for your application data as well as your business data,  I would create a sharepoint list that represents the requirements you outlined.  Otherwise I would build a K2 smartbox inside K2 which creates a sql server database table for you on the K2 database.