User friendly worklist

Badge +6

Guys,

I am having problems trying to make the worklist user-friendly. What is the best way for the user to identify task on the worklist? What information should I show to the user so he can identify one task from another?

Right now I have added the columns shown on the attached screenshot and it is difficult  for the user to work with it. As you can see on the screenshot there is no way to identify each task by a user friendly info. It only changes the Serial N.

Thanks in advance.

Lucas.

11881iEF65EEC15FD6B922.png

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi LDWill,

The out-of-the-box worklist control has some limitations. Perhaps, you can add 2 additional columns, Event Name and Original Destination to the control.

Badge +10

Hi Lucas,

Due to the limited nature of the out of the box worklist, the best would be to have the Folio field work for you.

I typically have the Folio, Activity Name and Task Start Date in my worklist, but I use the Folio field to give the user enough information about the task.

As this is set per workflow instance, you have complete control on what you put in there.

What also helps greatly is if you have some sort of identifier per process and then a sequential number which can be used as a reference.

In addition, I then add any other important information into the folio which will be meaningful

For Example, if I'm building a leave request workflow, my folio could look something like this:

LRQ000134: JohanL - Vacation - 2017/06/06 - 2017/06/08

The sequential number can be the ID of your main request smartobject which I padleft to bring in the additional zeros and the rest of the data simply comes from my main request smartobject.

This is the simplest way to make the tasks identifiable without building your own custom worklist.

Another interesting thing not many know about is that the worklist control has an OnClick event you can configure in K2 smartforms.

You can design a view that will take as input any workflow-related data, such as the ProcInstID or Folio and then have this view display additional data for the clicked item. In your form rules you can configure the worklist control's OnClick event and have this pass data to your view, which could then display additional data, perhaps from your request smartobject that will give more information. It is yet another way you can assist users in seeing what the item is before opening it.

I hope this helped!

Regards,

JohanL