Quickest way to prevent access to internal forms from anonymous users?

• 9 November 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

If you have a situation where you have 2 runtimes sites on 1 server:

1 for internal AD users

1 for external anonymous users.

My understanding is that all the forms on the first runtime (internal AD users) site are mirrored on the 2nd runtime (anonymous) site.

What is the quickest way of allowing anonymous access to certain forms only?

Do you have to do a Getusers by group action to check if the users is a member of AD domain users on the initalize rule (which may take some time depending on the number of users) or is there a quicker way?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +10

Create an Outbound Rule that basically query a List of allowed users, if found it continue otherwise Redirect to a View/Form that is a Custom 404 Item View.

Can be implemented within the Form or Navigation View, this way apply to every single object. otherwise have to configure by hand on each view to be secured.

Does this make sense ?. Hope it helps.

Dino.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Caveman,

Is there a way in IIS of only allowing access to internal forms if you are an AD user?

What you suggested in similar to the rule i currently have to test if you are a staff member.

However, if i use the getusersbygroup on all domain users, it takes a long long time to resolve, was was thinking of alternative ways of doing this.

P.S. Any chance of adding some pics to your great mini chat project, i'd like to try it out. the pics are all triangles at the moment.

thanks

Badge +9

Check this out and see if it helps!!!

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/4.7/default.htm#Anonymous_Forms.htm

@Sharpharp1 wrote:

Hi,

If you have a situation where you have 2 runtimes sites on 1 server:

1 for internal AD users

1 for external anonymous users.

My understanding is that all the forms on the first runtime (internal AD users) site are mirrored on the 2nd runtime (anonymous) site.

What is the quickest way of allowing anonymous access to certain forms only?

Do you have to do a Getusers by group action to check if the users is a member of AD domain users on the initalize rule (which may take some time depending on the number of users) or is there a quicker way?

Thanks

Hey did you ever find a way to get around this?

Thanks