Errors in K2 Studio Designer

• 12 September 2007
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hey Guys.....

I am new to K2 and this forum as well...

I can't seem to find an answer to the following question, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am trying follow the tutorials and create a process using the studio designer.  I keep getting "access denied" errors during different stages of the tutorial.  This access denied error comes up when I try to add a new "mail event" wizard to the canvas or when I am trying to configure actions on an activity.  Once I click "ok" on the popup, the error seems to go away, but then I get "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error and keeps coming up every time I try to save the project.  If I close the project and re-open it, most of the work is gone.

Has anyone run into this?  Am I possibly missing a component?  Is K2 studio designer running under a specific account that could potentially not have access to certain files?

Here is my setup - WinXP SP2, VS2005, .NET 2.0 & 3.0, VS2005 extentions for .NET 3.0

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

K.

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi Konnie,

Sorry, I haven't seen anything similar yet but if I had to take a stab at it, I'd guess it has got something to do with FileSystem permissions.  You can either run a FileMon trace and see if you can get any info from there or promote the account you run VS2005 under to a local machine Admin and see if you get the same problem.

HTH,

Ockert

Badge +1

Hey Ockert,

Thanks for the reply.  That's what I was thinking as well -- its got be something with file permissions.  Funny thing is VS2005 is running in interactive mode and I am an admin on this machine.  FileMon is a good idea -- I'll give it a try to see if anything shows up in there.

Thanks

K