K2 Smartforms : hiding/showing fields based on user group

• 22 January 2015
  • 5 replies

Hi,

We are using Smartforms for SharePoint 2013.

We have a requirementt to show some specific fields only to specific user group in SharePoint.

Can this be done in Smarforms?

Any help would  be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Arun

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi

You can hide specific elements of a form to different users by configuring a rule set on a form. 

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2smartforms/UserGuide/1.0.7/default.htm#SF_-_Rule_Designer_-_Actions_Configure.html%3FTocPath%3DK2%20Designer%7CRules%7CActions%7C_____1

This link describes how to do so in smartforms.

Badge +10

You can always set conditions to show or hide a form control. Although, I cannot see a out of the box methd on botht he AD service intstance to check if a user is a member of a group. I think you will have to write custom code to create a smartobject that you pass a user fqdn and groupname and tehn it checks if the user is a member of that group and return true or false. and then on the form iniliase method, you can adda rule that firstly calls that smartobject ethod and writes the output to a data label. and then have a rule after that rule where if data label is true then hide these controls. else show. 

Hi ArunPerumal & Team ,
Greetings !!

This is Babu and I've the same requirement as you've gone thorough.Please let me know whether you've any solution tried and worked.
It would be a great help if you can share the route which you've taken to fulfill this requirement.

Thanks ,
Babu.
Badge +4

Arun,

Follow the below steps and see if you could achieve your requirement

1.Create a role in workspace and assign users to that group 

2.when form is initializing, execute a user smartobject method to get role users, in this rule configure a filter to check if the current user available in the role defined in workspace. 

3.then transfer the name or a unique identifier to a customer datalabel in your form

4.then in the rule , build a condition , if the field is not empty, hide fields,else show  etc..

hope this would help you to build your logic.

Thanks

MN

Badge +9

Hi,

You can try some thing as explained in below post

https://k2recipes.wordpress.com/2017/05/31/how-to-set-k2-smartform-runtime-authorization/

@Mani-Natarajan wrote:

Arun,

Follow the below steps and see if you could achieve your requirement

1.Create a role in workspace and assign users to that group 

2.when form is initializing, execute a user smartobject method to get role users, in this rule configure a filter to check if the current user available in the role defined in workspace. 

3.then transfer the name or a unique identifier to a customer datalabel in your form

4.then in the rule , build a condition , if the field is not empty, hide fields,else show  etc..

hope this would help you to build your logic.

Thanks

MN