Problem : The selected database is running in an unsupported database format

Badge +3

Hi,

We installed K2 on a server, pointing to a SQL server 2012.

As we created an DNS alias to cover 2 SQL instances, we need to change in the K2 Setup in order to point on the alias.

Once we try to do it, on clicking on the test button we get a success message and when we click on OK button we have an error message saying : 

"The selected database is running in an unsupported database format. Use a database that has been upgraded to at least SQL 2008 format to continue."

I confirm that we have SQL server 2012 installed on the server and K2 BlackPearl is in version 4.6.

Thanking you in advance for a quick answer.

16961i19716E77EB78AD51.png

13 replies

Badge +6

Hi Erwann,

Was the database created manually? The reason I ask is because K2 does not support manually created databases. If this is the case, then the database needs to be created during the install process. Also could you confirm for me if the user has the correct rights in SQL?

Kind Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for your quick answer.

The installation process was as follow : 

- We first installed K2 straight on two database server. 

- We made it point at the primary server.

- Then we created a DNS alias to cover both server names (continuity of service)

- When we switch from the first server name to the DNS alias that is pointing at the first server we get the above mentioned error.

- We can't actually point again at the first server because we get as well the error (Cancel button to close the pane).

The K2 instance created on the server has been created throught the installation process.

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Erwinn,

There is a possibilty that DNS is not resolving correctly. Id advise just going through the DNS settings to check if there are any abnormalites. Also i see in the tags of the post that the "change server" tag is attached. Can you confirm for me this indeed the case and that you have moved enviroments from a old server to the new ones?

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi,

We finally ended up avoiding the interface and we change all the occurences of the Data Source value straight in the config files. 

Not very secure but it seems to work and I can't afford spending time on finding a clean solution. 

By the way, now that configuration seems ok, we still can't change it through the interface. 

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Erwann,

I am just following up to check if the issue was resolved? Is there still a issue with the interface?

Please let me know if any further assistance is required?

Kind Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi Yannick,

Well, we found a way around in order to unlock the situation but we still get the error when we try to change the address through the interface. 

It isn't a problem for our installation but it is a real issue that should be looked out, not only for us but for other people who might face this issue. 

What I guess is that it doesn't accept to change address to a server where there is already a K2 database installed. 

In our situation we are actually pointing at the same server, first with the direct address and then with the alias. 

Only guessing.

I am still interested in a clean correction.

Best Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Erwann,

Could you confirm for me the database compatibility level? It is possible that they are set to 2005, hence the error shown.

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi Yannick,

I can confirm you that the compatibility_level value in the database is set to 110, meaning 2012.

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Erwann,

Can i ask you to check one more thing for me. In the installation media folder of 4.6, look for a file called Product.config. Locate the key called "EnforceDbVersion" and can you confirm it is set to false?

Regards, 

Yannick

Badge +3

Yannick,

The value is set to true.

As I don't have access myself to the installation folder we will try this afternoon to pass it to false and see if we still have the issue.

I'll come back to you with the result.

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Erwann,

Great. Looking forward to your response. Hope this will finally resolve the issue.

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi Yannick,

Putting EnforceDbVersion to false in Product.config file is the answer to out problem.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Erwann,

Youre welcome, glad to hear it worked.

Regards,

Yannick