2 Autocompletes, 2x the Load time????

• 19 December 2017
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

I have 2 autocompletes on the same form, both are associated with the AdUser Smartobject and do a getusersbygroup method.

When i used just 1 Autocomplete, the load time of the form is around 6 seconds, which i can live with, but now that i've introduced 2 Autocompletes, the load time has doubled.

Both Autocompletes use the same same Smartobject and method. There are now 2 entries in the initialize rule to populate them (hence the time).

There must surely be a way to only load populate the data once for more than one similar control????

Anyone?

5 replies

Badge +8

Hello,

When using ad smo you are going straight to the provider which is a heavy call. My recommendation is to use urm smo which uses identity cache and should help with performance. Thanks!

Regards,

Matt

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.]

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

What if the Smartobject is not the ADUser one and I have to link to a Smartobject linked to a Web Service?

Badge +8

Hello,

Under that set of circumstances the issue would be different. Using a network or fiddler trace would be a good way to catch hang there. Are you seeing the same performance issues with the web service call?

Going back to the ad call, another way to minimize ad call impact would be to use less filters, and not use fqn as a fiter as fqn is a k2 value etc.

Regards,

Matt

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +8

Hello,

Under that set of circumstances the issue would be different. Using a network or fiddler trace would be a good way to catch hang there. Are you seeing the same performance issues with the web service call?

Going back to the ad call, another way to minimize ad call impact would be to use less filters, and not use fqn as a fiter as fqn is a k2 value etc.

Regards,

Matt

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Thanks for the incite.

Any ideas on how the processing options work in Rules?

For example, i change the 2x Populates from being THEN and THEN to Asynchronous. This loads the forms immediately, but then i noticed a lot of lag on the form itself (presumably which the data was loading in the background). Also tried batch, that was slow as well.

Thanks