XML Inline Functions

• 27 May 2011
  • 1 reply

Badge +9

A set of inline functions that works with a repeating XML node or repeating XML element from InfoPath. Different functions to display the repeating XML node as: A HTML table A HTML bulleted list A HTML numbered list A text based bulleted list A test based numbered list A comma delimitered list Read the document to get a better idea of what this does. Cheers.

1 reply

Badge +9
Issue with IP2010 forms

Someone notified me that the inline function didn't work for them.

I did some tracing and I noticed that the node formats for the IP2007 and IP2010 forms seem different.

The original InfoPath 2007 format I tested with had this.
<my:Users xmlns:my="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2011-05-25T07:48:03"><my:User>UserA</my:User><my:Tel>12345</my:Tel></my:Users>

This is the value I got from the InfoPath 2010 form.  I get an error saying that the "my" namespace is not defined and that is causing it to fail.
<my:TestGroupLevel1><my:TestGroupLevel2><my:Field1>a</my:Field1><my:Feild2>b</my:Feild2><my:Feild3>b</my:Feild3></my:TestGroupLevel2><my:TestGroupLevel2><my:Field1>d</my:Field1><my:Feild2>e</my:Feild2><my:Feild3>f</my:Feild3></my:TestGroupLevel2></my:TestGroupLevel1></my:myFields>

So unfortunately, it seems the code needs to be updated to work right with the missing xmlns tag.  *TODO*