Workflow doesn't start

• 3 August 2022
  • 9 replies

I have a workflow set to start automatically when an item is saved to a SmartObject list.  The user uses a K2 Five form, clicks the Save button, the item is saved to the SO list and the workflow starts.  At  least it does when I do it.  When my colleague does it, however, the WF doesn't start.  The item is saved successfully to the list, but the workflow doesn't start.  My colleague has the same rights I have to modify, execute, etc.  so it seems I'm overlooking a detail somewhere, but I can't find it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

9 replies

Have you configured the process start rights in K2 Management for users other than yourself? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Sounds like permissions on the workflow process - for whatever reason, K2 does give an error in this scenario it just does not start the process instance.

Yes. My colleague is in the 2nd row and I'm in the 3d:

Yes, but as far as I can tell, permissions here match those on other processes that work correctly and I can't figure out what the difference is.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
You can check the log files in the Host Serverin folder to see if there is more detail as to why the process didn't start.
You can also (temporarily) grant "everyone" the ability to start this process and see if it then works, just to prove that it is a permissions issue
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Like mentioned try the Everyone Group Object, this basically by passes permission checks and just starts it, if this works its permissions. Ensure the correct account is added to the workflow permissions, not sure if you have multiple providers, it's easy to add the correct user but from wrong provider. HostServer Log entries when you attempt to start would give more clues.

HTH

Vernon

Tried that as well:

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Anything in the Host Serverin logs that may clarify the error?
We found an error in the URL my colleague was using. Once we fixed that, the problem disappeared. Thanks for getting back to me.