Task to assign next tasks not working

• 3 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I am using a custom smart form task to assign people to the next task in the workflow.  The task rules are set to update the list item with the new assignees, and that is working, but when the next task fires only people who were already in the list fields before the first task is done get tasks assigned. It is acting as if the people who were assigned in the prvious task are not being seen by the next task to send out notifications.  

There are 3 people picker fields on the new record form, 2 of which do not have to be filled out to submit.  A later tasks asks the user to assign the other two members of a validation team. The next taks is to sent to all 3 members, but only the original one set in the new list item submit is assigned the task.

I did try to do a Create Reference next in the workflow to refresh the data with the newly set people fields. still did not work.

1 reply

Badge +4
What happens when you add a 'wait' step (wait for 2 minutes) before proceeding to the next task step? I want to establish if there is a delay on the time it takes to update the list or if it simply ignores new users.