Taking photo

• 12 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I need to make my form able to take photo when launched on android mobile.

I’ve tested the “image annotation” control.

But this control is very heavy to use and very slow when processing.

I’m searching to take a photo without editing it.

How can i do that ?

6 replies

Hi CLMH_Benoit,

I believe you can use the image attachment control as well. Here is a link, please scroll down to considerations, it should have the same funtionality as the image annotation control. Also please take note: 

The Image Annotation Control is not supported in K2 Workspace iOS or K2 Workspace Android. It is supported in the K2 Mobile Legacy (iOS) and K2 Mobile Legacy (Android) Apps.

Hope this helps :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

When i use the image attachment control, i obtain the same thing.

When i click on the control, i take the photo and the phone display the editing screen and after i have the message “processing please wait” for 40 to 50 seconds.

It’s unusable in production. 

I can’t ask to my user to spend 50 seconds per photo.

Is there a way to skip the editing screen and the processing message ?

Hi CLMH_Benoit,

How are you displaying the image?/ What control are you using to display the image?

Kind Regards 

Prineel

i’m using the K2 android app

when i click on image attachment, i select the camera app to take the photo.

then i take the photo. 

then i arrive on a screen with my photo and editing options.

when i validate this screen, i have message “processing, please wait” for 40 to 50 seconds.

Hi @CLMH_Benoit ,

Try having the image display on a data label if you are not already: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2cloud/UserGuide/current/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/ImageAnnotation/ImageAnnotationControl.htm. Im not enirely sure if there is a way to skip the editing screen and the processing message, but also try reducing the maximum image size allowed: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/ImageAttachment/ImageAttachmentControl.htm

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +6
CLMH_Benoit wrote:

i’m using the K2 android app

when i click on image attachment, i select the camera app to take the photo.

then i take the photo. 

then i arrive on a screen with my photo and editing options.

when i validate this screen, i have message “processing, please wait” for 40 to 50 seconds.

It may not direct answers your question related to android  but,

Please consider the following :

1. Image file size is depend on camera resolution setting,  example, on high resolution photo for an ID Card approximately 20-30Mb in size.
  2. As image attachment store an image in stringbase64 format (the stringbase64 size might increased by 20% of the original file size)  which is embedded to view/form, it can cause performance issue on your smarform. ( imagine if you have 2 attachment controls and each attachment control is holding 30mb image file size)

Based on this consideration, on my implementation on IOS for the similar scenario.

1. Image attachment control not attached directly to main form but we created a subform to hold image attachment control.  on the main form there is a button “Attachment” to open subform.
  2. Change camera resolution setting on IOS to reduce image resolution.

The downside is user can’t view image directly on the main form but instead the user view image via subform.  It improves smartform loading time because image will be loaded to subform when user open the subform.