Solved

Storing Dates in Smartbox objects different than display

• 16 November 2018
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

I am sending an email which includes a date.

When it is displayed in the form/view it displays as MM-DD-YYYY.  However when you include the date field from the smartbox object in an email message, it formats the date as YYYY-MM-DD.  It is in this format when you list it out with K2Management.

Can you change the email to display the date to the way it is displayed within the form/view?

Thanks!

BKlaege

icon

Best answer by boringNerd1 19 November 2018, 03:18

View original

6 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

In your workflow designer, look for the inline functions in the context browser. There should be a function called Format Date and Time which allows you to format your date. Check out the help document here on how to use that function to format your date.

When using the Format Date Time function, you may find the following article helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings

This will give you the many options that are avaible for formating, such as MM (Month) and mm (Minutes).

Badge +8

I want to store the date in the format it is YYYY/MM/DD, but present it within an email as the more readable format.

It sounds like I need to just keep it as a separate field.  At least that is what I am pursuing.

Thanks!

Badge +8

formatting the date in another field marked invisible using an expression is what I needed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BillK

Badge +11

When using a SmartObject of Date or DateTime the actual value is always stored in a standard format.  Only the visual display of the data is changed with control styles or with the formatting function.

David

More on.....C# Date and Time