Solved

Package and Deploy - Process refering missing property

• 15 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have 2 workflows that can't be packaged due to the workflow thinking it is referencing some Sharepoint list columns that have since been deleted on the Sharepoint list.

The SP List SO was regenerated after the column deletion and all references to the columns were deleted from the workflow and it checked back in.  

I have tried deleting all instances of the workflows and even all previous versions. I have also checked through each rule and even the task emails/task remiders several times to make sure I haven't missed deleing any but they sinply do no exist on the workflow rules/actions anywhere!

Is there a tool or script, or somewhere on k2 management that can help identify which rule/step the workflow thinks it is still referencing the deleted fields?

I saw an article on here for a similar issue with a link to a KB article but the link just goes to to the KB homepage and no way to search for it :-(

Any ideas? Thanks, Julie

icon

Best answer by ElvisJacob 16 July 2019, 23:43

View original

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi Julie 

Normally package and deployment can be used to try and debug the issue. When using package and deployment including all references this should give us an error that can be clicked on in package and deployment.

Previously I have seen this error in a workflow when trying to package, these could be investigated and isolated by including all content. we found this was caused by the referenced view and not the workflow.

Also, I found a KB that might helphttp://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt151577

Kind regards

Thanks for the response :-)

The KB article didn't really help as it referred to if you had created a SO reference action which we haven't. I am also not sure what you mean by views? .... in s SharePoint list, if the column gets deleted then this automatically gets deleted in any list views... views aren't referenced in any of my forms or workflow anyway?

What I did do today was to use the brillient new workflow function 'Save as' .... and created an exact copy of the workflow throwing the errors and attached it to the same form using a different button to fire it.

I then started to delete all actions/rules in the workflow to try and find the offending item, in the end all I was left with was the 'start' and 'stop' workflow action and still it will not deploy because it thinks it's referencing a deleted column.

The only thing I haven't tried is to regenerate 'forms and smart objects' on a change, we usually only do the SO as regenerating forms caused issues in previous versions as all of ours are usually custom.

Will try this tommorow and then probably resort to a helpdesk ticket :-)

Badge +1

Hi Julie,

Could you please re-run the smartobject event from the workflow and deploy it again.

Please let me know the status .

Thanks

Edwin

Badge +9

Hi  JulieBird

This issue has been resolved before, Please see the link below on how they resolve this issue.

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Cloud/Error-with-Package-and-Deployment-SmartObject-could-not-be-found/td-p/109650

Regards

Elvis

Thanks for the link Elvis, sounds exactly what we are getting.

Crikey after a week of troubleshooting and thinking I was going mad it turns out to be an actual bug ... it's almost a relief lol

I think rather than replace all the smartobjects and remap them (over 30), I'll just re-add the deleted columns back into the SP list until there is a fix for this.

Julie :-)