K2 form storage

• 13 August 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Hi All,

I am working on  a project to decommission an old forms application that is currently used to create and store over 100 forms. K2 five is being considered as the new tool to house these forms, as we already use it for several workflows. Does it make a sense to use K2 for forms that do not have workflows? Are there any potential downsides to using the application in this way? If this is not an ideal use, do you have any suggestions of applications that may be better suited to this task?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Evan

3 replies

Userlevel 2

HI Evan,

I do not think there's any downsize in having form that do not have a workflow as the main purpose of the form can be just to view content/data from a smartobject so if you do not have to action any task on the form I do not see any reason to associate a form with a workflow.

Take for example if you have multiple forms that display list of employees in company who belong to certain department all you need is the data stored from any data source and you create to display data on form initialize or when a certain button is clicked.

Kind regards

Themba

Hello @EvanBurdick,

As @Themba said there is no downside of just using them as forms with no workflow. There are many instances in where people just use the form to display or capture data without the need for a workflow.  Here is a tutorial for example that does not use a workflow.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#Tutorials/Build/ContactManagement/ContactManagementOverview.htm%3FTocPath%3DTutorials%7CContact%2520Management%2520Application%7C_____0

Thanks,

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

It's actually more worthwhile using Forms where possible than Workflows, especially given the new K2 Five licensing model which is heavily built on Workflow numbers :-)