K2 Five Core Installation Health Failed Occurs on Installation on Clean Win2016 Box

K2 Core
-------
The task is not complete as one or more of its dependencies failed.
Duration: 0 seconds

Installation Health
-------------------
Analysis Result: Failed.

The following errors were logged as part of the install:
Failed: SourceCode.Authorization.Interfaces.EntityNotFoundException: The  with the ID '1f0428*personal details removed*abc-4f7f-b5c9-6ae5c33ce75e' could not be found.
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
   at SourceCode.Authorization.Client.AuthorizationClient.DoSessionCall(String method, Object[] parameters)
   at SourceCode.Install.Package.Actions.Authorization.AuthorizationBase.BreakObjectInheritance(Guid objectID, InheritanceRightOption option)
   at SourceCode.Install.Package.Actions.Authorization.BreakObjectInheritance.ExecuteTarget(ITarget target)
   at SourceCode.Install.Package.Actions.Authorization.AuthorizationBase.Execute(ITarget target)

Target failed to execute: BreakInheritanceOnAdminPermissionSmartObject

Failed: SourceCode.Authorization.Interfaces.EntityNotFoundException: The  with the ID '7e12d2d0-a8f3-45f9-a8e9-0ed02a82f5da' could not be found.
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
   at SourceCode.Authorization.Client.AuthorizationClient.DoSessionCall(String method, Object[] parameters)
   at SourceCode.Install.Package.Actions.Authorization.AuthorizationBase.BreakObjectInheritance(Guid objectID, InheritanceRightOption option)
   at SourceCode.Install.Package.Actions.Authorization.BreakObjectInheritance.ExecuteTarget(ITarget target)
   at SourceCode.Install.Package.Actions.Authorization.AuthorizationBase.Execute(ITarget target)

Target failed to execute: BreakInheritanceOnProcessSetPermissionsSmartObject

10 replies

Badge +7
Hi,
Is it a clean installation or an upgrade?

Thanks,
Prajwal
Badge +9

Hi, 

Can you please confirm that you install the RTM version of K2 Five and not the RC.

The RTM can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Kallie

It is a clean installation -- NOT an upgrade.  

The version I have is, 5.0001.1000.0.  Not sure if this is RTM or RC.  For some reason, I do not have access to portal.k2.com

Badge +6

Hi,

The version you have installed is K2 FIve RTM if I look at the build number and I would not exepct to see that error then.  Can you run a repair and check the install logs for any issues or if the same error is logged?

Regards

Marius

Hi all,

we also receive the same error on a clean Windows Server 2016 Box. Any updates?

Cheers

André

I ran into the same problem with one of my enviroments as well. It is not the RC version and this happened during an Upgrade from 4.7 

Hi,

Same error clean install, K2 Version (5.0001.1000.0) Win 2012 R2.

Badge +2

We also get this error, clean install on Win 2012 R2.

The license we are using is a Development license, which means that the server needs to run in console mode.

I think the issue occurs when the K2 packages are about to be deployed, and the console might not be ready or something. But I have not been able to resolve it yet.

Effects are that K2 Management and K2 Workspace sites are not functioning because the forms were not deployed. I think more things might not be functioning but I have not checked everything.

Has anyone submitted a ticket about this? Or been able to solve it somehow?

Badge +2

Does anyone from K2 have any input or comment on this issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I believe this is related to the KB article below:

http://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt139242

Essentially, a new installer was released to provide better guidance with regard to the installation.

As a Developer License will only allow for the running of the Server in console mode, the K2 Service Account should be used to install K2 (vs a separate installation account).

The Setup Manager will gray out the 'K2 Service Account' wizard and will pick up the current user context; so if a 'K2 Service Account' had been created to be used, this account will need to perform the installation to populated this grayed out field.