Issues with Drop Down List using Azure Active Directory Smart Object

• 24 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I had a drop down that was attached to an Azure Active Directory Smart Object from when I first started the workflow about two weeks ago. I had to add one additional option within the Filter options, which worked. However, after I saved and checked in the View, whenever I would try to use the Runtime of the view (or the form that the view is on), I get the spinner on the drop down (on multiple browsers) and no users appear.

I did not change anything else but we were having some network slowness, so I waited a couple hours, but that didn't resolve.  Then I gave it the night last night, to find that nothing resolved.

This morning, I went to the K2 Management > Categories > Azure Active Directory and I ran the "Get List" for that SmartObject. It returned a list of accounts with their details. I even tested filtering that execute and still got the results I anticipated. However, it still did not work on the View or Form.

I have even made a new List View and used that SmartObject. It creates a list of users fine. But it is not working within the Drop down list I have.   I have even tried a new Item View which has a drop down that references that SmartObject to find that the drop down list isn't working there and I just get the spinner. (I have also tried the people picker which gives the same results.)

I can't think that it is something related to the authentication of the Instance of the SmartObject since it works fine in the List View. But I need this list to be usable in a drop down.  It was working and I don't know how adding an additional criteria to the filter of the list has gotten me down this rabbit hole. 

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Since the dropdown list was working before the extra filter addition. May i request you to attach some screenshots on the populate data for Dropdown control rule configuration before and after the filter configuration? This would give us some hint on what exactly happening.

Regards,

Prajwal

Thanks for the response. After the weekend and working on a few other tasks this morning, I looked at this again.

Although I know that I didn't touch the setting, somehow on the drop down box properties Data Source for the drop down, the SmartObject settings blanked out the "Value".  I had to reset that to User Principal Name and then walk all the way through the process to make sure that nothing else on that was blank.  

I wasn't even near that location when I simply added a filter to the Rule that was based off of a User's Display Name, so I'm not sure what occurred. As long as it doesn't happen again (we have additional people displayed in the list right now for testing purposes - IT staff -- and it will then be switched over to the real users when we are ready to share with them).