How to Open Multiple Workflows from Worklist Control?

• 22 November 2019
  • 4 replies

My end users tend to batch complete workflows as the last step of the workflow. In order to do so, they need to open the form and click a complete button. Is there a way to open multiple workflows from a worklist control? I know there is a multi-select option in the toolbar but that doesn't allow us to open the form when multiple workflows are selected.

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi rmohammed

You can complete multiple tasks at the same time using the batch action feature.

1. On the top right-hand side of the worklist, click the multi-select icon to display selection boxes next to each work item in your K2 Worklist.

2. Use the check boxes to select the work items that you want to select, or check the very top box to automatically select all tasks in your K2 Worklist.

See attached link below, navigate to How to batch-action multiple task.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#Use/UsingtheK2Worklist.htm

Regards

Elvis

Hello,

While this is helpful it isn't want my end users want. They want to be able to simply open multiple forms at once, then they want to go through each opened form individually and complete it the workflow through the form. Is there a way to just open multiple forms at once? (not complete tasks)

Hello,

Can you try using FOR EACH Selected item loop and open a worklist item into a new tab.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this and unfortunately, this method seems to only work for List Views and not worklist controls. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I tried all the "For Each" rules in designer but none of them gave me the option to select the worklist control.