Solved

Existing K2 Application to New Clone Server

• 9 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

I am new to k2 and We are planning to move our existing k2 application to new k2 five clone server.

Is it possible to move the running instance also to new clone server ?  

Is there any way available to get it done. Looking some help to achieve it. 

icon

Best answer by tbyrne777 9 March 2022, 18:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

One way to accomplish this is to backup your existing K2 database and restore it to a new database. Then, when installing K2 on the new server, point it to this database and it will retain all active process instances.

Badge +3
Thanks a lot for your reply much appreciated. Will try with this and let you know the result soon
One related question, if we are cloning the K2 server (against using new server) as well, do we still have to install K2 on top of it? Or K2 installation is also cloned?

For example: One K2 server has Dev platform set up with 5 K2 apps, if we clone this server what and all do we get as compared to a brand new server (that's empty). Do we get K2 installed? Dev environment? K2 apps? Could be a naive question, appreciate your response
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Depends on what you mean by "Clone Server". Presumably everything that is installed will be carried over to the cloned server, but you may run into licensing issues with K2 if it determines the server name has changed
Badge +3
Thanks Scout for your reply.
If everything carried over to cloned server ends with license issue . Does updating only the new license key resolves it ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yes, updating the license key should be all there is to it!

Badge +3
The points you mentioned is for Cloning k2 server ?

Hello.  I was wondering if you able to successfully accomplish moving the k2 application to new k2 five clone server.  Were you able to carry over the active instances (i.e DB data)?  Did re-entering the license key on the clone box resolve the license issue?