Solved

Drop-Down List Conditional Formatting

• 27 August 2020
  • 2 replies

I've got a drop-down list that with a Smart Object as the data source. The Value is the ID of the object. This field is required, but I don't want it to default to a specific option.

What I want to do is, if the person has not selected a value, it surrounds the ddl with a red border. As soon as they select a value, it changes the value to green.

Conditional formatting is the answer, right? Well....

I've set the default format to a surround of red border and, if the ID of the selected item is > 0 (I've also tried checking if the ID has a value), then change the border to green.

It sorta works. What happens is that, as soon as I select the first real value, it doesn't change to green. As soon as I select the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th etc.) value it does change to green. But if I go back and select the empty value, it doesn't change back to Red.

It's like the ddl is behind by one when updating the format.  Am I missing somethign easy? How can I get it to update the format everytime the value changes?

icon

Best answer by Prineel 28 August 2020, 08:40

View original

2 replies

Hi,

I have tested it and it worked for me without any issues. Please see attached screenshots of my formats (see 2Styles.png and greaterThan1.png).

There is an alternative if my screenshots does not help, instead of saying: "if the ID of the selected item is > 0", simply use the "if control is not empty" in your condtional format to change it to green as it will work the exact same way as you want it to (see notEmpty.png). Hope this helps :).

Kind Regards

Prineel

Thanks. That worked perfectly. I was overcomplicating it and didn't realize just dragging the DDL itself would work.