Can't package a workflow

• 23 December 2018
  • 8 replies

When I'm trying to create package one of the workflow called "OIRLookback" is missing. It is found in the selection pane but not found in the created package. See the attached pictures and advise. 

14122iDBA05F4AEC8E4E57.jpg
14791iCA3EE44D0A366310.png

8 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

Which version of K2 are you on? Have you applied any FixPack to your environment? You can check the HostServer.UpdateHistory table on your K2 DB to determine which FixPack you have applied.

And what did you use to create that workflow? The new workflow designer, or are you using the legacy workflow designer, K2 Studio or Visual Studio?

version: K2 (5.0002.1000.2)
K2 Five (5.1) FP25
I used K2 designer to create workflow (not legacy workflow)
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I'm assuming that the workflow has a number of Item References. Can you edit the workflow and step through each step in the worklfow and deploy it again? Please try to create the K2 package with the included workflow after that.

I have seen a case when there are bad item references still hanging out in the Context Browser, K2 will either hitting a timeout or an error while trying trying to retrieve the workflow. You can check the K2 Hostserver log for any error messages similar to this one (i.e. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Key.. ). The log files are usually under hostserverin folder (i.e. "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinHostServerXXX_X.log")

Please also check K2 database's [Server].[ProcXml] table for any blank item references of the process with below SQL query. You should grab the content of Value column, paste in your favorite text editor tool, and look for any blank methodtypes (i.e. <methodType />). If the issue is blank item reference, then the particular item reference needs to be re-created in the worklfow designer.

--Sample SQL querhy 

SELECT * FROM [Server].[ProcXML] WHERE ProcID IN (
 SELECT ID FROM [Server].[Proc] WHERE ProcSetID =
  (SELECT ID FROM [Server].[ProcSet] WHERE FullName = 'replace_this_Sample1workflow1_with_your_workflow_name'))
ORDER BY ProcID DESC

I found this in the log. Also, attached the content of value column. Pls suggest what to do. 
"20074269","20*personal details removed*:52:54","Error","DeploymentServer","30003","DeploymentError","DeploymentServer.GetItem(MemberRefBase memberRef, GetOptions options) Item: {urn:SourceCode/Workflows}OIRLookback: {urn:SourceCode/Workflow}Process: {urn:SourceCode/Workflow}Object: {urn:SourceCode/ComponentModel}PersistableObject ItemFlag: Members, References","30003 Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name","","","dhak94wcniisv01:E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","20074269","0060c47e5d0d453db1ad59ca98d300dc",""

I found this in the log. Also, attached the content of value column. Pls suggest what to do.
"20074269","20*personal details removed*:52:54","Error","DeploymentServer","30003","DeploymentError","DeploymentServer.GetItem(MemberRefBase memberRef, GetOptions options) Item: {urn:SourceCode/Workflows}OIRLookback: {urn:SourceCode/Workflow}Process: {urn:SourceCode/Workflow}Object: {urn:SourceCode/ComponentModel}PersistableObject ItemFlag: Members, References","30003 Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name","","","dhak94wcniisv01:E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","20074269","0060c47e5d0d453db1ad59ca98d300dc",""
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Gaus007,

There appears an existing item reference (Lookback) with a missing methodType value in the attached file. Is it possible to rebuild the Lookback item reference in your workflow and any steps with references to this Lookback? If you have not done already, I would recommend opening a K2 support case to help on this as there are few things that will need to manually fix.
------------------------------
<itemReference primary="false" name="Lookback" type="SmartObjectItem" displayName="Lookback">
  <items />
  <settings>
   <method>
    <objectName>Lookback</objectName>
    <methodName>Load</methodName>
    <methodType />...

Ticket#159110, submitted on 19th dec. got response on 20th dec. after that no response. May be assigned person is on vacation.

I have deleted and created the item reference but still the problem persist. Please note that, I haven't use that smartobject in the workflow. See the attached picture.