User cannot open workflow task

• 5 February 2017
  • 0 replies

Badge +9

Symptoms

User cannot open workflow task

Diagnoses

I have a user that cannot open their workflow task. The Error is, "Access denied. You do no have permission to perform this action or access the resource. Failed to initialize the Context". The user is a member of a group that has, Start, View, and View Participate process rights. I have also added the user's account to the Process Rights but it made no difference. The solution is using SharePoint. I redirected to the Task to another user and they were able to open the task without error. I am not sure why this user cannot open the Workflow Task.

Resolution

1. Removed user's permissions on the SharePoint Site Collection

2. Removed user's account from the Site Collection

3. Removed user's account from the task in the workflow and re-deployed the workflow

4. Ran the K2 Synchronize Groups on the settings for the K2 App on the SharePoint sub site

5. Ran a SharePoint Full Profile Import

6. Added user's permissions back on the SharePoint Site Collection and verified user's permissions on the K2 SmartForms enabled list

7. Ran the K2 Synchronize Groups on the settings for the K2 App on the SharePoint sub site

8. Added user's account back to the task in the workflow and re-deployed the workflow

0 replies

Be the first to reply!