Package and Deployment Error

• 7 March 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Symptoms

Error:
'List Name' ServiceObject is referencing the 'LookupList' property on the 'Field Name' Field that could not be found

Diagnoses

We found the issue was that the property was removed on SharePoint.
The XML was correct within the DB however the XML within the SmartObject still contained the property causing the error in PandD

Previously we gave them an option to resolve their issue which was that they need to regenerate as such:
A possible workaround for you is to regenerate the artifacts in SP.
This should align the xml's. NOTE: you need to be aware that some customization might be lost, e.g if you edited the existing workflow to point to a custom SmO, form rules which you might have added after the items were generated etc. It will revert back to the default state of SharePoint after regeneration.
You can however re-add the custom item afterwards.

Steps to manually regenerate SmartObject and Forms:

1. Navigate to Artifacts on SharePoint2013

2. New - Generate SmartObjects - OK

3. If Form was generated from SP

3.1. On Artifacts Page - New - Generate SmartForms - OK

3.2 If not generated, check-out the custom View/Forms, Edit, Save, Check-in.

4. This will recreate the XML

5. Re-create package

Resolution

successfully regenerated the SmO however this lead them to create the forms and workflows on production from scratch.

1 reply

Hello, 

I have the same issue but the solution does not work for me.

Issue :

1. After adding fields on an existing SP list, I regenerate the smart object and try a deploy of the list smart object with Package&Deployement 
  2. Then P&D displays an error and disallow to finish the package :

'ListName' ServiceObject is referencing the 'InternalName' property on the 'FieldName' Field that could not be found.

-From the SP list, On the application K2, I tried to suppress smart object and then generate smart object => Fail

- From the Services Tester i tried to generate smart object => Fail

I can provide more informations, like the xml avec the list service object, just tell me if needed.

Thanks for your answer