Cannot clear List Box

• 23 February 2017
  • 0 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +7

Symptoms

We are needing to make a quick change before go-live at the end of this month. We need to change two drop-down controls to a list box, so that more of the data in the drop-down is visible at a glance without selecting the drop-down. This is a requirement of go-live, so this is urgent priority.

We are encountering an issue with the List Box control, though. We cannot find a way to clear the control. This is required functionality, as this control is populated based on the value of another control, and at times based on the value of the other control there may not be data to display in the List Box. The List Box is being populated with a SmartObject, not a static list of values.

I have tried multiple ways of accomplishing this. I have:
- tried a Transfer Data rule with an empty value
- tried a Populate List Control With Data rule, passing in a value guaranteed to cause the SmartObject to return no data
- tried a Load List Control Cache With Data rule, passing in a value guaranteed to cause the SmartObject to return no data, then a Populate List Control With Cached Data rule
- tried to call the Initialize rule, with the intent of clearing the entire view and all controls on it

None of these work. When the control is populated with data, there is no method of clearing that data, even by calling the rule that initializes the view itself.

I searched the community and found this post that indicates this is a known issue as of late 2015: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/How-to-Clear-a-List-Box-Control/tac-p/95219

The official solution was to use a different control, however what other control provides the same functionality as the List Box? I see that this was officially fixed in 4.7, based on this entry in the K2 SmartForms 4.7 Resolved Items document:

"When using a manual rule to populate a ListBox control with filtered data, and the filter does not return a value the last shown value stays in the ListBox and the contents did not clear."

We cannot upgrade K2 to 4.7 to fix this bug, not before our go-live date of the end of this month. We are currently running 4.6.11 has this been fixed in 4.6.11, with a hotfix available? Has another workaround been identified since this bug was found in 2015? Is there another control that provides the same functionality as the List Box?

Resolution:

Diagnoses

N/A

Resolution

Known issue, please open support ticket for coldfix to resolve the issue.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!