I'm not an IT farm admin of SharePoint O365, but I would like to have the top level access for anything related to our Nintex service (Forms, WFs.) Since I don't know what it looks like, I can't determine if it's something I can handle. Advice please

• 20 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I don't know if I'm "techie" qualified to manage our Nintex app service. Since our IT Mgr. is  no longer with the company, I'm trying to do what I can. I am the only Nintex user in my company.

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi Gail Hemby‌,

For your reference, below are links to minimum permissions needed for O365 Nintex Workflow and Forms.

O365 Forms - Minimum permissions 

O365 Workflow - Minimum permissions

Grant permissions for O365 Workflow to access User Profile Services - Grant permissions to the User Profiles service 

From what I understand, there's no dashboard for Nintex Workflow Management and Nintex Forms Management like in SharePoint 2010 and 2013 On-Premise or Nintex Administration in SharePoint 2016 On-Premise.

The apps for O365 Nintex Workflow and Forms are based on site permission as well. Which means, you can look at the apps if you have access to each site.

But, if you have the Site Collection Administration permission, you should be able to go into every site in the Site Collection, which means you can see the Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow apps in every site in the Site Collection (except to grant permissions for O365 Workflow to access User Profile Services where you need Tenant Admin privilege/permission to grant this).

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you want to have the top level access for anything related to your Nintex, you should be your tenant Admin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Gail,

when it comes to O365, there really isn't an admin portal that governs the entire tenant at this stage.

The only thing that would help is the ability to lock down adding apps (enable approval requirements).

In about a month, we are releasing the Nintex Hawkeye Inventory lens.  This will be something that will help you manage Nintex usage. You'll be able to see where all your workflows are, who's building them, etc. That might be the thing you would want to get access to, to start having some control over who is building what.

Vadim

Badge +3

Vadim,

Thanks Vadim. Will I be able to see that Hawkeye automatically when I open Nintex or how does that work?

Gail

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Gail,

That might depend on the type of license you have.  I'd recommend you have a chat with your Nintex Account Manager.  They'd be able to tell you what you will have access to.

Cheers,

Vadim