Features of SharePoint

• 22 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I am looking for a document repository solution (hosted internally, not cloud-based) that has the following set of features:

• Statuses: Users can set a status (pending, complete, etc) on the document. Notification system based on the status change.
  • Workflows: Ability to define who the documents go to based on the different statuses. Be able to customize these workflows.
  • Tagging: Users want to be able to tag different sections of a document with certain key words.
  • Search: Ability to search for documents based on content within the document as well as for tags.
  • Merging: Ability to select different pages and/or content within one document and merge that content to another document. Kind of like copy and paste, but more seamless.
  • Archiving: We need to be able to archive documents in some way.
  • Permission System: We want to limit document access to users based on roles (read, edit, delete, etc.)
  • Real-time collaboration: Users should be able to view documents at the same time.

I know that SharePoint has support for at least some of these features, but I am not sure which ones. I am having a difficult time navigating Microsoft's website on what SharePoint can actually do.

So my question is, do you guys know which of the above features SharePoint supports? Oh and any recommendations for other document repository solutions are also welcome.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

These are really questions for a more SharePoint centered forum (like: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/products/). If you have a question about Nintex specifically, we can answer it here, but for more general SharePoint questions I would use the microsoft q&a forum.