Function for Qtrly reminder by year

• 17 August 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

would someone please tell me where I can find information on what functions should i be using to setup the quarterly reminder in the process for a year? The hints that are there in the process are not that helpful.

thanks

5 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

If it is just reminders you require then I think you can use the process escalations to handle this. Set the process escalation to fire 3 months after the start date and have it send out a reminder e-mail.

See the following section in the documentation and all the sections below it for more information: Designers > Process Design Concepts > Rules > Introduction to Escalation Rule.

Hope this helps!

Badge +13

Is there a lot of overhead for doing this?   (if there are a lot of long running escalations)  

How often does the server check the escalation records per day?

Badge +1

Thank you all for your responses.  I was able to create a reminder using the "Plan per slot" for the destination rule but now when i add the escalation  the process fails and it gives the message  "ActivityInstanceDestination property not available on given context".

any ideas on this?

thanks

Badge +10

Hi Peter,

The answer is no, there is no overhead.

K2 Escalations are recorded in the K2 Server and there is a dedicated thread used to process this. The system orders all the escalations and start rules of a K2 Server in ascending order and then sleeps the thread until the time the escalation/start rule should fire. When an event or process with an escalation/start rule is processed the K2 Server will add the escalation to the list, and resleep the thread to the earliest time (if it was changed).

In this way the K2 Server does not use any overhead to process escalations and you can plan as many of them as you want and for as long as you want.

Regards,

Badge +10

Hi Nazima,

Your activity is using the Plan Just once planning option and therefore it cannot determine who the destination user is. If you are not using a lot of destination users then you can switch the planning option to Plan per Destination - All at Once for this error to be fixed.

Look in the following section of your K2 documentation for more information:

Designers > Process Design Concepts > Rules > Destination Rule > Destination Rule Options

Please note that you have to switch the destination rule to advanced mode before you can see this. You can do so by clicking on the destination user icon on the activity and then clicking the "Back" button. After enabling advanced mode you will be able to see the planning options.

Regards,