History Data - Render SmartForm

Badge +5

Hello.

I am working on creating a basic SmartForm that takes in information and then once submitted it stores as a SmartBox SmartObject and sends an email stating the form was submitted successfully.

I am also being requested to create a List form (using a list view), to store Historical submissions.  When double clicking  a submission, I want to be able to load a read only version of any historical submission into the form. (attachments of what forms look like)

I have created all my smartobjects, views, and forms within K2 Designer and K2 studio for the email after submission has completed. So far I have a Item view that goes into the form for submission, a report list that will go into the list form, and a read only form that basically loads in the item view but disables it so it can not be edited.

In the rules, I have the List view set so that when its doubleclicked, it will navigate to the read only form, etc (attachment). Once I get to the Mappings, I think that there should be a parameter I can set so that it will be able to reference the form by ID, but that setting is not there.  All it shows is Form states and open in tab, window, etc.

13145i1B0C8AD04332BFF4.png
16077i034BC4302E6B32AD.png
12020i7C519F3EFD0D3CE8.png

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi, 

Have you created a parameter on the readonly form you want to use? You will manually create the parameter on the form, then add rules (at initialize) to for load/get list, etc. 

On your list view, the rule will be that once it is clicked (or double clicked) navigate to another form or open a subform so the user can view several without leaving the current list view.

When you navigate or open a subform you will see the parameter you had earlier created on the form available to receive input. 

Badge +5

Hello Latte. 

Thanks for your inputs.

I understand how to set up the rule to double click and it can open in a new tab, etc. I am confused with how to set the parameter on the List view since the mapping destinations screen is blank.

Have you created a parameter on the readonly form you want to use? You will manually create the parameter on the form, then add rules (at initialize) to for load/get list, etc. 

On your list view, the rule will be that once it is clicked (or double clicked) navigate to another form or open a subform so the user can view several without leaving the current list view.

When you navigate or open a subform you will see the parameter you had earlier created on the form available to receive input. 

15703i0757F98D7B9C48F6.png
Badge +5

Hi, 

You need to create a parameter on your "Inspection Report ReadOnly" Form.

Then you pass in the ID from the "Inspection Report" SMO into the parameter you created on the "Inspection Report ReadOnly" Form.

That should work for you. 

12576i9A33A9CD3BF5DC41.jpg

Badge +5

Thanks!

Got it working now :D