Published Nintex form won't appear as default form

• 20 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I've created and published a Nintex form on SharePoint Online but when I open to view the items on the associated list or create a new item on that list, the SharePoint versions of the form come up instead.  Only in edit mode do I see the customized Nintex form that I've created. I know there's a PowerShell script that can fix this in SharePoint on premises and I have found that to work quite nicely, but, does this script need to be adjusted for SharePoint Online?  I've noticed that there's quite a difference in the URL's for each of the 3 forms (originally known as "NewForm.aspx", "EditForm.aspx", and "DispForm.aspx") on SharePoint/Nintex Online.  Has anyone used this script on SharePoint Online?  

Please let me know and thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Angela,

usually no script should be needed to display a Nintex Forms on a list. Do you have multiple content types on that list? Maybe the list is showing an item with a different content type than your form is attached to.

Can you describe the setup of your list? Is it inheriting a site content type? Is it created by some kind of template? Did you manipulate it somehow with PowerShell?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +5

Hi Enrico,

The list doesn't use a special content type (the "Item" content type is the only one in use) and it was created by exporting Access database tables into SharePoint.  I would like to replace the Access front end with SharePoint using Nintex forms.  And, I haven't used PowerShell to manipulate the list at all.  I'm hoping that using Access as a source of the list isn't the problem as I have other databases to convert...  Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you,

Angela

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm,

I have no experience in using Nintex Forms on lists created by exporting from Access.

As noone else replied so far I suggest you reach out to Nintex support and see if this is a supported scenario and what you can do to show the form.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +5

Hi,

I believe I've found the problem.  I should have thought to check this first but I didn't.  About a month ago, I tried using PowerApps on this list but found it didn't suit my purpose.  So, when I started customizing the Nintex form, I made the assumption that the Nintex forms would simply become the default for each situation (new, edit, and view).  However, only the "edit" form would appear.  I have since then changed the "Form Settings" option, as follows and now my Nintex forms are appearing as expected.

List Settings-Form Settings

Hope this helps someone else out there!