Deploy failed - Access to 'c:Users<me>AppDataLocalTemp8SourceCode.Workflow.Infopath.TempFormTemplate75...' is denied

Badge +2

I've recently been assigned to a project using K2 & SharePoint.  I'm new to the product and most of the project was created already.

I am using K2 Studio on a K2 server.  MOSS is on a separate server.  The activities pretty much all use the InfoPath Client Event.  Today I made a change to one of the processes and deployed the project but I am getting the following error: Access to 'C:Users<me>AppDataLocalTemp8SourceCode.Workflow.Infopath.TempFormTemplate75...' is denied. 

I'm not even changing anything on the InfoPath form so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error...or why it's looking at something in my Temp folder.  Also the folder 'FormTemplate75' doesn't even exist...although 1-74 do.

Any ideas?

--AJ

11 replies

Badge +10

I think I've seen this before.  Try removing the 1-74 entries in the temp folder and try again.

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply Tim.  It didn't work.  It's actually looking for a file called "CabSetup.txt" if that helps you at all...

Badge +2

UPDATE:

I found this (after trying many different Google search phrases): http://help.k2.com/en/KB000641.aspx.  I closed the K2 Studio, deleted ALL temp files, restarted K2 Studio and the next deploy still did not work.  But I was just informed that my server is being upgraded to the latest release today...maybe that will help!

Badge +10

This sounds like a client side issue.  Some other things to check is ensure that the InfoPath client application is closed down during deployment and possibly try restarting your system and emptying your Internet explorer temporary files.

Also after the server update make sure you're running the same version of K2 as on the server.

Badge +10

After the update respond back and let us know.

Thanks

Badge +2

Still no-go after the K2 update.  BUT...a coworker advised me to run K2 Studio as administrator.  I also replaced the process file with a back up from a few days ago.  Between the two, I've gotten a successful deployment.  If running as 'administrator' was the fix, I'm not sure how I deployed succcessfully before...

Badge +1

I had the same issue. I think this is a bug in Sharepoint.Workflow.Design dll.

By replacing the earlier version of dll, you would resolve this issue.

Badge +2

Thanks selvaganeshan.  How did you know it was that file? 

UPDATE:

I was erroneously told that the K2 update was complete, it is not.  It is actually being done as I type so stay tuned...

I am getting this error anytime I make a change to the workflow.  Clearing out the Temp folder does not help.  I'm puzzled by this as there are two other developers who have been working on this project before me and they haven't had this problem. 

Badge +2

Ok, here it is!  The K2 server was updated RTM, the machine I was working on has been updated to RTM and now everything is working fine.  I'm guessing it was the SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll file.  The reason I say that is because between the time the server was updated and the time my machine (another server) was updated, my K2 Worklist web part was getting an "Invalid Archive Type" error and I was unable to communicate with the Workflow Server (port 5252).  According to this KB: http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/13605.aspx that error is caused by the dll being a different version on the server than on the client machine.  After the update everything is working fine!  Thanks for all the advice!

Badge +10

Very happy its all sorted out!

Badge +2

Me too!  Thanks Chris!